The Industrial sector includes companies focused on one of the following activities:
- Manufacturing and distributing capital goods such as aerospace & defense, construction, engineering & building products, electrical equipment and industrial machinery.
- Providing commercial services and supplies, including printing, employment, environmental and office services.
- Providing transportation services, including airlines, couriers, marine, road & rail and transportation infrastructure.
The industries under the Industrials sector are:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Air Freight & Logistics
- Airlines Building Products
- Commercial Services & Supplies
- Construction & Engineering
- Electrical Equipment
- Industrial Conglomerates
- Professional Services
- Road & Rail
- Trading Companies & Distributors
- Transportation Infrastructure
The Industrial sector is heavily affected by the business cycle. When the economic situation is rough, businesses may postpone expansion and spend less money on industrial goods.